Mocha Iced Latte “without the Moo!”
To say that I am obsessed with iced coffee is an understatement. There is just something about the crisp, refreshing taste of a cold cup of iced coffee that just jolts me into excitement. It is my pleasure to announce the award winning (at least in my household!) Mocha Iced Latte “without the “Moo”!
What is “without the moo”, you ask? Great question! It simply means no dairy. I order my “moo-less” milks from I’m Simply Nutty, LLC! They’re made locally in my own backyard with no artificial ingredients, preservatives, or fillers. Five simple ingredients is all it takes for a delicious glass of mocha almond milk. Just add coffee and you’re on your way to a fabulous day!
You see, using almond milk reaps many benefits. It is low in calories, contains no saturated fat or cholesterol, and it is a good source of vitamin A and D. Nut milks are naturally lactose free, making it a great choice for those who have sensitivities to lactose or who are lactose intolerant!
Chocolate Almond Milk Recipe:
1 cup raw almonds
3 cups filtered water
1 tablespoon raw cocoa powder
2 medjool dates
A pinch of sea salt
1. Soak almonds in three cups water for at least 8 hours or overnight.
2. Drain water.
3. Pour almonds into a fresh bowl and add in 3.5 cups water. Slowly ladle the almonds and water into a juicer until all almonds are juiced.
4. Transfer the almond milk to a blender.
5. Add the cocoa, dates, and salt to the blender. Blend on high for 1-2 minutes until smooth and creamy.
6. Pour into glasses or a pitcher and serve. Refrigerate leftovers and shake or stir vigorously before re-serving as the solids will separate out from the water.
Have leftovers? Pour milk in an ice cube tray and freeze - TADA! Now you have Chocolate Almond Milk Ice Cubes. Add to your coffee instead of ice. This will eliminate watering down your coffee
Mocha Iced Latte Recipe:
1 cup Cold Brew Coffee
½ cup Chocolate Almond Milk (see recipe above) frozen in iced cube tray
Add all ingredients to your favorite cup - sip - and ENJOY!